Legionella Risk Assessments (ACoP L8)
Regulatory requirements under ACoP L8 specify that employers and those with responsibility for the control of premises must have in place a Legionellosis risk assessment of all water systems.
The requirements for a business under ACoP L8 are to:
- Identify and assess all sources of risk
- Prepare a written scheme for controlling the risk
- Implement and manage the scheme
- Keep records of the precautions
- Appoint a responsible person
The primary purpose of the risk assessment is to identify if there are any areas of the system that may support or enable the growth of the Legionella bacteria and therefore present a risk by contaminating any part of the water system.
The assessment takes into account the following factors:
- Water temperature
- Water stagnation
- Potential for aerosol formation
- Heat gain / loss potential
- Condition of the water
- Condition of the system
- Materials meet with regulations & bylaws
- Susceptibility of exposed persons
- Population density of exposed persons
- Efficiency of current control measures
Dynamika conduct Legionella risk assessments and provide instruction on how to satisfy ACoP L8 requirements. Our assessments include: written reports, photographic supporting evidence, water system schematics and a water asset register. After analysing the system we will suggest a programme of management and monitoring
(if required). We present this information in a full briefing, which includes a detailed explanation of the recommended action.